JUNIOR BIG DATA DEVOPS ENGINEER
We’re hiring! We are looking for a Big Data DevOps Engineer to join our growing team based in Amsterdam.
Human Data Associates (HDA) is a specialised start-up with extensive in-house expertise. Some of the challenges we need you to sink your teeth into: Setting up advanced data infrastructure (SQL and no-SQL) in our customers’ data warehouses using the latest technologies, running automated operations with AWS, and developing parallel data processing workflows.
In this role you will work closely with an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to help you learn and develop new skills such as:
- Design, build, secure and monitor our production environments across AWS infrastructures and work closely with our in-house and customers’ analysts, product-development and big-data teams.
- Develop, expand and maintain our elastic parallel data processing orchestration tool using the latest technologies and tools.
- Build tools, integrations and services to ensure the continuous improvement of existing products and data-processes and adopt new architectures and infrastructure for new products to solve problems we’ll be facing as we scale.
- Automate everything; including security, provisioning, monitoring, data transformation processes, and continuous delivery elements. With your contribution, platforms are secure, scalable and autonomous; releases go live without any downtime.
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work together with the best people to make the solutions a reality.
We get excited about candidates who have:
- Bachelor or Master computer science, artificial intelligence or related field
- 0-3 years professional experience
- Amazon Web Services with networking, VPN and firewall knowledge
- Programming languages such as Java, Python, R and the use of Git
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Docker and container cluster management systems
- Setting up and maintaining database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, EMR, Spark, DynamoDB
- Monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Cloudwatch
- An eye for detail, self-starting, creative, eager to learn and motivated by exploring new technologies
What we offer:
- Challenging full time job in a young team of entrepreneurs and data-lovers
- An informal environment where talent and output is valued over job title or years of experience
- Working closely with some of the major brands around, seeing first hand impact of your work
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Free avocados and all the other start-up perks
About Human Data Associates
We are a one-stop shop in online marketing intelligence leveraging big data analytics. HDA offers consultancy services and technical implementations around three pillars: online measurement, data integration and online marketing intelligence. Our head office is based in Amsterdam, our front-end developers in Wroclaw, Poland.
Our key focus is enabling our customers to gain more profit per customer. We achieve this by implementing enterprise class online measurement, setting up data warehouse solutions that enable the 360 customer view by integrating all relevant data sources, maximising the performance of marketing programs utilising predictive analytics and machine learning. Advanced statistical models are used to optimise advertising spend on the acquisition of new customers, identify and execute cross- and upselling opportunities in the existing customer base and identify which customers to prevent from churning.
Customers are amongst the leading brands in the world. They trust us to build their online marketing intelligence environment because we deliver in weeks versus months, have highly specialised experience in online marketing and advanced data platforms and are a professional team to work with.